Business License Clerk: Marqae Martinson
Address: Community Development Department at 1979 West 1900 South
Email: Contact Marqae by Email
Before you conduct business in Syracuse you must first register with the state department of commerce and get a business license from Syracuse City.
The State Department of Commerce offers an on-line "One Stop" Business Registration atwww.business.utah.gov/registration. You can register your business name on this website, apply for a Sales and Use Tax License, a Federal Employer Identification Number, an Employee Income Tax Withholding Number, unemployment insurance, and register with the EPA, if needed. We recommend you register with the State prior to submitting your application for a business license. The booklet "Doing Business in Utah" can help with your registration needs.
How to Apply for a Business License:
There are two ways to submit a home based or commercial business license application:
- Print the application or pick up a paper copy in the office
- Fill out by hand
- Bring, mail, or email application to the office
- Make payment via phone, in person, or mailed with application*
- Open application form link located on the bottom of this page (open with Adobe Acrobat or Reader only, not with the browser. Right click link and click 'save link as' and then open the saved file if necessary)
- Fill out all information
- Click 'Submit by Email' box
- Make payment via phone, in person, or by mail*
*$45 application fee. A $75 annual business license fee will be due upon approval.