The Syracuse Island
Thank you to all who sponsored the construction of the Syracuse Island during our fund drive. The planned opening date is Memorial Day weekend. If you missed the fund drive, you can still be sponsor. Place a donation now.
About The Syracuse Island
Syracuse City is building a specially designed, nature inspired, all-abilities interactive water feature called the Syracuse I.S.L.A.N.D (Interactive Splash Lovers All-abilities Native Destination) located next Chloe's Sunshine Playground, at Centennial Park. View a video about the project.
Features will include:
- Branching Streams
- Enclosed Area for Ground Seating
- Multiple Pavilions and Picnic Areas and Restrooms
- Shade Structures
Other amenities adjacent to the park are the North Davis Library, Syracuse Museum, and the Syracuse Community Center. The Syracuse I.S.L.A.N.D. has been made possible, in part, by impact fees, the City RAP tax, and donations. And to fully realize the park’s exciting design, including additional shade structures on the play area, we are offering sponsorship to the Syracuse I.S.L.A.N.D. A one-time investment that will pay dividends in summer fun for years to come!!!
Syracuse City would like to recognize local businesses and individuals that would like to sponsor the I.S.L.A.N.D. With your sponsorship, your name/business name will be incorporated into the landscape of the Syracuse I.S.L.A.N.D. pavilion. Sponsorship levels are as follows:
- Basic Sponsor: $25 or $50 - No names, just helping out
- Buffalo club sponsor: $150 - Small animal design with name/business name listed
- Antelope club sponsor: $500 - Small animal design with name/business name listed
- Big Horn club sponsor: $1,000 - Large animal design with name/business name listed
- Owl club sponsor: $5,000 - Large animal design with name/business name listed
- Eagle club sponsor: Champion Level Contributor - Single animal design with name/business name in large font
If you would like to be a sponsor, please call Kresta Robinson at 801-614-9654, or email Kresta Robinson at Syracuse Parks and Recreation. You can also donate online. Thank you, in advance for your interest in the Syracuse I.S.L.A.N.D. It will be a great place for family fun!